These delicious homemade OMG melt in your mouth pepperoni rolls make the best appetizer or even a delicious dinner along with a side salad. Dip them into ranch dressing and marinara sauce for the ultimate bite. They actually aren’t hard to make and can be super quick to put together if you already have the dough made. I suggest using my homemade thin crust pizza dough but you could also substitute any pizza dough (you can often find ready made dough at higher end grocery stores in the pre-made section).
- 1 batch of Easy Homemade Thin Crust Pizza Dough ready to make into pizza (all rising time is finished – divide into 2 balls instead of 8) or use store bought pizza dough (about 2 pounds dough)
- 1/2 c. marinara sauce (some for the rolls, some for dipping)
- 1/2 c. light sour cream (also some for the rolls, some for dipping)
- 2 T. Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix or 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch
- 8 oz. turkey pepperoni slices – save out 30 slices to use on the bottoms of the rolls, chop the rest into small pieces (or you can use regular pepperoni for 4 points each)
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 T. parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix together light sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Divide dough into 2 equal balls (about 1 lb each). Roll each one out into a rectangle about 12 x 15 inches.
- On each rectangle, spread about 2 T. ranch dressing – all the way to the edges. Top and spread with 2 T. marinara sauce. (You might be tempted to use more sauce, but don’t, it makes a mess when cutting the slices). Sprinkle with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up each rectangle so that it forms a long roll (like rolling cinnamon roll dough). Pinch the edge of dough together to form a seam.
- Carefully cut each roll into 15 slices. Place each slice on a pepperoni piece (the roll will be bigger than the pepperoni, that’s ok). Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 12-15 minutes or until done.