These Chicken Basil Parmesan Pita Appetizers are super easy to make and definitely a crowd pleaser. You can make them as appetizers with the mini pitas or serve them as sandwiches using larger pitas or tortillas with lettuce tucked inside. Only 1 Freestyle point per 2 tablespoons of filling. No one would even guess they are healthy for you!
- 8 oz chopped grilled or cooked chicken breasts
- 1–2 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 c. green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 c. loosely packed fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 c. grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese (about 3/4 c.)
- 4 T. light mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 t. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 10 mini pitas cut in half (try to find ones 1 point each- I use Bakestone Brothers 3 inch Mini Whole Wheat Pita Bread)
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except pitas.
- Place 2 T. of filling in half of a mini pita, or use more tablespoons for large pitas or tortillas (adjust points accordingly).
- Serve immediately or if eating a bit later, place a damp paper towel (wrung out very well) over the pitas. Cover with plastic wrap. Keeps a few days in refrigerator.