These Thai Wraps are delicious and make a great snack or meal. You can make them up a day or two ahead. I often take them on the airplane in a cold lunch pack.
- 10 tortillas (see my note at the bottom of recipe) my tortilla recipe
- 12 oz left over grilled chicken, turkey or pork (such as Kalua Pig)
- 3 1/2 c. cabbage, shredded
- 1 c. carrots, shredded
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 5 T. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 –1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional, use the amount you like)
- 8 T. hoisin sauce divided, 3 T. for filling and the rest to spread on each tortilla
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, turkey or pork, cabbage, carrots, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno and 2 T. hoisin sauce. Mix well.
- Place a tortilla on a cutting board, spread 1/2 T. hoisin sauce over the entire tortilla.
- Place 1/2 c. filling near the bottom of tortilla and roll up tortilla.
- Use a toothpick if necessary to fasten tortilla.
- Cut into 2 pieces if desired. Do this for the remaining tortillas.
If you are making these wraps ahead of time, it’s best to make your own tortillas (see my recipe) instead of the store bought ones. Wraps made with homemade tortillas will keep about 3 days. Otherwise the store bought tortillas (especially the low carb or whole wheat ones) break down and become soggy within a day.