This grilled steak fajita recipe is made using flank steak and my Quick and Easy Chipotle Beef Marinade. It’s super simple to make, just mix the marinade ingredients, marinate for at least 5 hours and grill! Serve with my homemade tortillas, my tomatillo green salsa and grilled veggies for the perfect meal!
- Place flank steak in a glass dish or plastic resealable bag.
- Add the Quick and Easy Chipotle Beef Fajita Marinade.
- Allow meat to marinate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- If you have a grill that has dual zones such as a Big Green Egg, preheat one part to high heat and set the other part to lower, indirect heat.
- When grill is hot, drain off marinade from flank steak (save if desired for the veggies) and place on hot part of grill. Sear for about 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip over and sear for another 2-3 minutes.
- Move flank steak to indirect heat and cook until desired temperature. About 145° for medium, 135-140° for medium rare and 120-125° for rare.
- If you have a gas grill such as a Baby Weber, sear flank steak on high as directed above, then turn heat to low to finish up, using the temperature guide above.
- Check with thermometer to make sure meat is done, remove from grill. Cover with foil for at least 15 minutes.
- While waiting for meat to rest, sauté vegetables in cast iron skillet, until done on stove or in a pan on the grill. When almost done, add about 2-3 T. of left over marinade. Bring mixture to a boil for a few minutes.
- Slice flank steak across the grain (this is very important). Serve flank steak with grilled vegetables and tortillas if desired.
Keep in mind, the calories and points in this recipe are estimated. It’s hard to determine how much marinade actually stays on the meat and you don’t consume all of the marinade.