The secret to this easy perfectly moist and delicious healthy grilled chicken recipe is in the brine. No need to marinate! You won’t believe how simple this grilled chicken recipe is! Just brine, sprinkle with homemade chipotle seasoning or seasoning of choice and grill!
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 3 quarts water
- 1 large pack of chicken thighs (or breasts) about 7 1/2 pounds (or how ever much you want to make)
Additional Ingredients for the Grilled Chicken
- Homemade Chipotle Seasoning or any other spice you want to use – Cajun, etc.
- In a big plastic container with a lid, or bowl mix 3 qts. of water with the salt.
- Add chicken. Cover with lid or plastic wrap.
- Allow to brine overnight or at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Overnight is best.
To Grill the Chicken
- Preheat grill to 375°. You can use a gas, charcoal, Big Green Egg, Traeger, whatever you have.
- When grill is hot, remove chicken from brine. Lay chicken flat on grill. Try to spread the pieces out. You may have to do this in a few batches.
- Sprinkle generously with Homemade Chipotle Seasoning or whatever seasoning you’re using.
- Grill chicken for about 20 min, then flip over and grill until temperature reaches 165°.
- Cool. Then cut into bite sized pieces, freeze into vacuum sealed bags. I like to freeze them in about 1 cup packs.