Creamy, cheesy, chicken, ham and broccoli all brought together in this delicious and quick Instant Pot recipe. Serve over butternut squash spirals, zucchini noodles or pasta. Definitely a family pleaser! Only 7 Freestyle Smart Points per serving.
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 c. ham (ham steak-already cooked) cut in cubes
- 1 c. red onion, finely chopped (I chop the onions and garlic together in my food processor)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 t. oil
- oil spray – ( I like to use my Olive Oil Mister)
- 4 c. broccoli, chopped
- 1 T. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 T. sherry
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 c. chicken broth or water
- 4 oz of 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese -cut into chunks
- 4 oz of swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 T. corn starch, if needed
- butternut squash noodles, zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice
- Press, “Sauté,” on your Instant Pot.
- Add 2 t. oil and then also spray a non-stick skillet with a bit of oil from your Misto sprayer.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally and spraying a bit more oil if needed.
- Add chicken and cook for about 1 minute. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add ham, broccoli, rosemary, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and cream cheese on top. Do not stir in cream cheese, just set it on the top.
- Cover Instant Pot with lid, set to seal, push, “Manual,” or on some models, “Pressure Cook,” and set for 3 minutes. Yes, really 3 minutes! It takes a while for the Instant Pot to heat up so by the time the 3 minutes is up, the chicken is cooked perfectly.
- When time is up, do the “quick” release and open pot.
- Stir in Swiss cheese and Parmesan. If it doesn’t melt all the way, push the, “Sauté,” button and stir until mostly melted. If you want it a bit thicker, place about 1/4 c. sauce mixture in a cup, add 1 T. cornstarch, stir well and put back into Instant pot. Cook until thicker. (Note: This sauce does thicken up after cooling.)
- Serve immediately over butternut squash noodles, zucchini noodles or pasta (add more points for pasta). (See note at bottom for noodle directions.)
Use a spiralizer to cut the butternut squash or zucchini noodles. To cook the butternut squash noodles: spray a non-stick skillet with oil, toss in noodles and sauté until tender. If using zucchini noodles, only sauté until barely tender, otherwise they become too mushy.
On the older Instant Pot models you can just use 1/4 c. water/broth but the newer models will give you a “burn” notice, so use 1/2 c.