This Easy Mixed Berry Cobbler recipe is super quick to make with most ingredients on hand in your pantry and fresh fruit. Just use a mixture of your favorite fresh fruit or make it an easy peach cobbler, cherry cobbler, blackberry cobbler, whatever your heart desires! Fresh cobbler is a great way to dress up a simple dinner.
- 4 c. mixture of berries – combo of some or all -blackberries, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 c. self rising flour– see notes down below
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 5 T. melted unsalted butter
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 T. turbinado, or raw sugar
- zest of lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine berries, lemon juice, 1 T. sugar, and 1 T. cornstarch.
- In another medium bowl, combine self-rising flour, egg, and 3/4 c. sugar with a fork. Mixture should resemble crumbs or coarse meal.
- Add berries to 8×8 pan. Sprinkle flour mixture over the top. Drizzle the butter over mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon, turbinado or raw sugar and zest.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until bubbly and topping is browned. Allow to sit for a few minutes before serving warm.
If you don’t have self-rising flour, you can substitute regular flour. I just like the crispness of the cobbler better with the self-rising, but it totally works with all purpose flour.