This Healthy Creamy Parmesan Herb Dressing and Dip is so versatile. It’s great with crackers, spread over fish or chicken, on turkey burgers and makes a great salad dressing. Because it’s made with non-fat Greek yogurt it’s low in calories and Smart Points. It also stores well in the refrigerator (you can keep it up to 2 weeks as long as the yogurt date is fine).
- 12 oz. non fat Greek yogurt
- 4 oz parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 T. light mayonnaise
- 2 T. olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced or chopped (I do mine in food processor) about 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. (or more) fresh thyme or combination of thyme, rosemary, and basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small non-stick skillet, add 2 T. olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and toast for just a bit, just until slightly golden, do not let garlic burn. Allow to cool while chopping herbs.
- Wash herbs and finely chop. Add to cooling garlic mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine yogurt, herb and oil mixture, lemon juice, mayonnaise and cheese.
- You can use it immediately but I like it better after it sits a day. It will keep in the refrigerator for over a week as long as the yogurt date is still good.
If you want this to be more of a dressing, add a few drops of milk.
To make the Lavash Crackers: Place 1 Joseph’s Flax Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Lavash Bread on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray with oil. Sprinkle kosher salt over all. Sprinkle herbs such as dried oregano, granulated garlic, dried onions etc over all. With a pizza cutter, cut into squares. Bake at 375° for about 5 minutes. Do not let it burn. Allow to cool on cookie sheet before removing. This cooling process helps, “crisp” them up. Only 2 Smart Points for the entire batch of crackers!