This is a slightly tangy and fresh tasting citrus vinaigrette. It’s great over my Chicken and Roasted Beet Salad as well as over any greens. If you like it more creamy, add the yogurt, but it’s great without too!
- 1 small shallot or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. quality olive oil (I like the William Sonoma House Oil, or use a basil or other herb infused oil)
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. Champagne vinegar
- 4 T. fresh lemon juice (about 2 small lemons, or 1 big lemon)
- 2 T. fresh orange juice
- 1 t. honey
- 1/2 t. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 t. fresh grated ginger
- 2 T. non-fat greek yogurt (optional, if you like it more creamy, add it in)
- 1/2 t. Kosher salt
- 1 t. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- If you have an immersion blender this is perfect for this recipe. In a small bowl or jar, combine all ingredients with an immersion blender or place in jar and shake. Taste and add more salt if needed. Keeps in refrigerator for about 4 days.