This creamy delicious Jalapeño Cream Sauce is a great way to add some pizazz to any taco, sandwich or burger. Because it’s made with light sour cream, it’s lower in calories and points but because it’s made with jalapeños and garlic, it’s full of zip. A little goes a long way. If you use less than a tablespoon, then it doesn’t even count as a smart point! Woo hoo! I use a tiny bit as a substitute for mayo on my turkey sliders. Yum! Be creative and discover your own uses for this wonderful Jalapeño Cream! 1 smart point per 1 tablespoon, if you use 2 t. then it doesn’t count as any points on the recipe builder in the Weight Watchers ap 🙂 It lasts about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- 1 c. light sour cream
- 2 jalapeños, or Thai red peppers, or combination -stem cut off and deseeded
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 t. oil or use your Misto sprayer in a non-stick pan
- In a food processor, combine jalapeños and garlic. Process until finely chopped.
- In a small skillet, add oil (or use non-stick pan and Misto sprayer), heat until hot. Add jalapeño mixture.
- Sauté lightly until garlic is browned. Do not burn garlic. Cool slightly.
- Fold mixture into sour cream. Keep in refrigerator up to 10 days or as long as sour cream is good.
In the picture, the peppers look red, that’s because in this picture I used a combination of jalapeños and Thai Red Peppers.