This healthy air fryer halibut is slightly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Using the air fryer to cook fish is super quick and easy! Serve the air fryer halibut over cauliflower rice or wild rice topped with the creamy parmesan sauce. Because halibut is low in calories and points, you can afford to dress it up a bit with a few tablespoons of creamy parmesan sauce and still be on track!
- Preheat air fryer to 400°.
- In a small bowl combine kosher salt, pepper and 2 garlic cloves.
- Pat halibut dry with paper towels. This helps with the browning. Rub top of halibut (not the skin side) with garlic mixture. Do this for all 4 pieces.
- Place an air fryer perforated liner inside the basket. Spray with olive oil spray. (If you don’t use the liner, then be sure to spray the basket a little more so the fish doesn’t stick). Add fish to the basket using a fish spatula and spray again.
- Air fry fish pieces for about 5-12 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish. Use a thermometer to check when fish is done or if it can be flaked with a fork. Temperature should be 130-135°. Transfer the cooked fish with a fish spatula and cover with foil until ready to serve with the sauce.
Directions for the sauce:
- Place a pan over medium heat. Add in butter. When melted add 2 cloves garlic and the flour. Sauté for about 2 minutes, it will start to turn brown. Slowly add in the white wine and the chicken stock. Allow to cook and bring to boil for a few minutes.
- Turn down heat to low. Add in half and half, salt and pepper, parmesan and lemon zest. Simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened. Makes about 1 c. sauce.
- Place each piece of halibut on a plate, top with 2 T. sauce and more lemon zest if desired. Enjoy!