Quick, easy, homemade Instant Pot BBQ Sauce made in no time! It’s sweet, slightly spicy, savory and delicious and has much less sugar than most of the store bought brands. Made with real ingredients including bourbon! Plus homemade bbq sauce tastes so much better than the ones you find in the grocery store.
- 1 t. oil
- oil spray from oil mister
- 1/2 c. sweet white/yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1–2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (just one, maybe two, not the whole can -if you don’t like it slightly spicy, leave out)
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 8 oz. water
- 6 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 oz. bourbon or whiskey, or you can leave it out if desired
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 1/2 T. homemade chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 T. honey
- 1 1/2 t. liquid smoke
- Add 1 t. oil and spray oil from oil mister to the Instant Pot liner until surface is covered. Press, “Sauté,” and heat until oil is hot.
- In a food processor, chop onions. Add onions to hot Instant Pot. Sauté for about 1 minute.
- Chop garlic in food processor and add to onions. Sauté for another minute, then turn off Instant Pot.
- Add chipotle pepper to food processor and process until pepper is finely ground. Add to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Place lid on Instant Pot. Set vent to, “sealing.” Press manual and set time for 10 minutes.
- When finished, do quick release and allow steam to escape.
- Refrigerate or freeze into portions.