Quick and easy Korean Beef made in your Instant Pot (or wok) and served over shredded carrots, cucumber and kale. It’s also great over rice and fresh spinach. Use the left overs in tacos. Make a big batch and freeze some for later!
- 2 lb ground beef (90% lean) if you use less than 90%, then drain it after browning
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 t. ginger, fresh, grated
- olive oil spray or I use sesame oil in my olive oil mister
- 2/3 c. low sodium soy sauce
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 1–2 t. red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 T. rice vinegar or Mirin
- 1/2–2 T. Gochujang or sriracha
- 1 t. sesame oil
- green onions for garnish
- shredded carrots, shredded cucumber and shredded kale (optional)
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, Gochujang and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Spray Instant Pot liner with oil from oil mister.
- Sauté onions, garlic and fresh ginger for about 2 minutes
- Add ground beef and sauté until most of the beef is browned.
- Pour in soy sauce mixture.
- Push, “Manual,” and set to 5 minutes on high pressure with sealing knob closed.
- Release pressure immediately when done.
- Serve over rice, shredded carrots, shredded cucumbers or shredded kale. Garnish with chopped green onions.
This Instant Pot Korean Beef is great over spinach as a salad, in tacos, over shredded cabbage, carrots, kale or rice.
Stove Top Directions: To make this Korean Beef on the stove, use a wok or frying pan. Follow directions on recipe to sauté onions, garlic and fresh ginger for about 2 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until most of it is browned. Add the sauce. Cover with a lid and let simmer for at least 10-15 minutes, stirring every so often.