Here we go again! Cilantro Chicken Black Bean Wrap with Lime Cream is another great wrap that travels easily and can be made ahead!. Of course I really prefer it hot and fresh but if you’re on the go, it’s a great one that can be made up at least a day ahead and served cold. In addition it holds up well in a lunch box. I like to make the filling on the weekend as it will keep it in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Then I make up my tortilla wrap in the morning for that day’s lunch.
- 8 oz of cooked chicken breasts (can be grilled, cooked in Instant Pot etc.)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 small can green chilies, drained well (optional)
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 c. corn
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2–1 T. Chipotle seasoning
- 2 T. cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 –1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 c. fresh spinach leaves or greens, washed
- 4 T. pumpkin seed kernels(if you’re making this ahead of time, just skip them, as they won’t be crunchy)
- 8 medium sized homemade tortillas (or use store-bought tortillas which are 3 points each)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1 T. light mayo
- 2 T. cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 T. non-fat Greek yogurt, plain
- black pepper to taste
- salt, if needed to taste
Or you could use my Chipotle Cilantro Dressing instead
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, black beans, green chilies, tomato, red pepper, corn, garlic, onion, salt and pepper, seasoning, cilantro, and jalapeno. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for Lime Cream. Set aside.
- If serving wraps hot, place filling in a saucepan and heat until hot, or microwave until hot.
- Place a tortilla on a cutting board, layer a few leaves of spinach or greens on tortilla.
- Place about 3/4 c. filling on top of spinach or greens.
- Top with about 1/2 T. of dressing and 1/2 T. pumpkin kernels and roll up tortilla.
- Secure with toothpicks if desired, or if making ahead, wrap tortilla with sandwich wrap to keep secure.
- Do this for the remaining tortillas.
If you are making these wraps ahead of time, it’s best to make your own tortillas (see my recipe) instead of the store bought ones. Wraps made with homemade tortillas will keep about 3 days. Otherwise the store bought tortillas (especially the low carb or whole wheat ones) break down and become soggy within a day.