This savory Creamy Blue Cheese Mushroom Pasta features blue cheese, mushrooms, and bacon all blended together in a creamy low carb, “pasta” dish. By using zoodles (zucchini noodles), you eliminate the calories of traditional pasta. Add some chicken or shrimp to make it an excellent main dish or serve it as a delicious side dish.
- 4 c. coarsely chopped mushrooms (about 10 oz)
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, (2 chopped finely for pasta, 1 minced for sauce)
- 1 t. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 t. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 t. truffle oil or olive oil
- 1 T. bacon crumbles (leave out for vegetarian)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 zucchini- cut with a spiralizer or y peeler into zoodles
- 3 T. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 t. vinegar (I like Champagne vinegar but white wine vinegar works well too)
- 2 1/2 T. non fat greek yogurt ( I use Chobani or Fage)
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat truffle oil until hot. Add chopped onions. Saute until onions are tender. Add 2 finely chopped garlic cloves. Sauté for a few minutes until garlic starts to brown. Don’t let the garlic burn or your dish will taste bitter.
- Add mushrooms, bacon and herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sauté on medium heat until mushrooms are tender. Add zuchinni spirals and cook about 2 min under just tender with a fork. Don’t overcook or the zucchini noodles will become mushy. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 1/2 T. yogurt with 3 T. blue cheese and 1 t. vinegar. Add 1 minced garlic clove. Stir well. Add to mushroom and zucchini mixture and stir until evenly distributed. Heat for a few minutes to allow yogurt and cheese mixture to melt. Serve immediately.