Delicious creamy blue cheese mushroom pasta, add cooked chicken breast for a complete and delicious meal!
- 4 c. coarsely chopped mushrooms (about 10 oz)
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, (2 chopped finely for pasta, 1 minced for sauce)
- 1 t. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 t. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 t. truffle oil or olive oil
- 1 T. bacon crumbles
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 zucchini- cut with a spiralizer into zoodles
- 3 T. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 t. vinegar (I like Champagne vinegar but white wine vinegar works well too)
- 2 1/2 T. non fat greek yogurt ( I use Fage)
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat truffle oil until hot. Add chopped onions. Saute until onions are tender. Add 2 finely chopped garlic cloves. Saute for a few minutes until garlic starts to brown. Don’t let garlic burn or your dish will taste bitter.
- Add mushrooms, bacon and herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Saute on medium heat until mushrooms are tender. Add zucchinni spirals and cook about 2 min under just tender with a fork. Don’t overcook or the zucchini noodles will become mushy. Remove from heat.
- In a small bow, mix 2 1/2 T. yogurt with 3 T. blue cheese and 1 t. vinegar. Add 1 minced garlic clove. Stir well. Add to mushroom and zucchini mixture and stir until evenly distributed. Heat for a few minutes to allow yogurt and cheese mixture to melt. Serve immediately.