These Indian Chicken Cauliflower Wraps with their unique spice combination are fantastic with or without chicken. The filling also makes a great side dish or snack. But don’t forget the Cilantro Lime Cream, it makes the wrap complete! The cream adds a tangy cool taste to the contrast of the spiced cauliflower and chicken.
- 8 oz cooked chicken breasts, chopped (or use chicken thighs – points change to 6 points per wrap)
- 32 oz. cauliflower, chopped into small florets (1 big head or you can buy cauliflower florets)
- 1/2 jalapeño , finely chopped (optional)
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 c. frozen peas or fresh peas
- 3 T. sesame oil (but you can substitute olive, or vegetable oil)
- 1 T. ground turmeric
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 1 t. coriander
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 t. fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 c. fresh spinach, torn into small pieces
- 8 T. red onion, chopped
- 8 tortillas (the points in this recipe are based on using my 3 point Homemade Flour Tortillas– I store them already cooked in the freezer and pull them out, you can use any low point tortilla or wrap)
Cilantro Lime Cream (or you can use my Jalapeño Cream)
- 1/2 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 T. cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
Garnish (optional, points not included)
- 6 T. toasted pine nuts or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 6 t. golden raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine oil, turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt, minced garlic, ginger, and cayenne. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, combine: cauliflower, jalapeno, potato, and peas. Add in oil mixture with spices and combine well so cauliflower is coated.
- Spoon mixture into a non stick 9 x 13 baking dish (or spray baking dish with oil). Bake for about 15 minutes, then stir. Bake for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- In a small bowl, combine: yogurt, cilantro and 1/2 freshly squeezed lime. Set aside.
- On a tortilla, place a handful of spinach, about 3/4 c. cauliflower mixture, 1 oz of cooked chicken, 1 T. red onion and 1 T. of yogurt mixture. Garnish with golden raisins and pine nuts if desired. Roll up into a wrap and serve hot or cold.
- For vegetarians, leave out the chicken, it tastes great without it!
- You can serve this in a wrap or just eat it as a side dish or snack. I often just eat it as a snack without the tortilla and the chicken, just the vegetables it’s only 2 Freestyle Points per serving. It keeps in the refrigerator for about a week (without the chicken-5 days with chicken).
- If you don’t have all of the spices listed, you can substitute 1 1/2 T. curry powder.
- If you already have my Tomatillo Salsa in the freezer, thaw it out and pour it over the wrap, it’s delicious!
- You can also substitute my Jalapeño Cream instead of the Cilantro Lime Cream.