This Instant Pot Gourmet Crack Chicken is so good, you’re going to want to eat more than one serving! I’ve added my gourmet touches and lightened it up a bit using low fat (reduced) cream cheese, bacon crumbles instead of frying the bacon in the Instant Pot. Even though it’s “lightened up,” it’s still super delicious. Serve it over cauliflower rice or cold in lettuce wraps for a low carb option. It’s great reheated as leftovers!
- 2 lb. chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces;( if using thighs, add 1 Smart Point)
- 10 T. crumbled bacon (I use Costco Kirkland Brand )
- 1/2 T. butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 c. chicken broth or Homemade Parmesan Chicken Broth (even better!)
- 1 T. sherry/white wine
- 1 T. fresh rosemary chopped
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese (I use Philadelphia Brand 1/3 less fat), cut into 8 pieces
- 2–3 T.Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix (about 1 packet)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch of green onion, chopped
- Press sauté on Instant Pot. When hot, add butter.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add chicken broth, ranch dressing mix and rosemary.
- Add chicken and bacon crumbles. Stir.
- Place low fat cream cheese chunks on top of chicken mixture. Do not stir! If the cream cheese ends up on the bottom of the Instant Pot, you may get the “burn,” message. If you do for some reason, open it back up and add 1/4 c. more chicken broth.
- Press manual and pressure cook (with vent sealed) on high for 8 min. Allow to natural release for 5 min, then release pressure.
- Add cheddar cheese, sherry and green onions. Stir well. Serve over cauliflower rice/rice and garnish with a little more green onions.
The sauce is thin when it’s hot but will thicken up as it cools. If you want it thicker, you can always mix 1 T. cornstarch in a small bowl, add a few tablespoons of the sauce. Stir well, then pour mixture back into Instant Pot and cook for a few minutes until thickened.