No one will ever know you didn’t spend hours on this delicious Kalua Pork done in the Instant Pot. This is a perfect crowd pleaser especially when served with my homemade Hoisin sauce. Very versatile, in tacos, on pizza, on sandwiches, in lettuce wraps or over salad greens-use a bit of the hoisin sauce for the dressing. Smart Points: 5 smart points for 3 oz
- 3 lb pork shoulder roast
- bacon crumbles (optional) about 5 tablespoons
- 2 ½ t. kosher salt or coarse salt
- 1 t. oil
- 1–2 T. liquid smoke ( I tend to like mine with 2 T. but see what you like. If I’m doing a 5 lb pork shoulder then I use 2 T. for sure).
- ½ c. water
- 5 cloves garlic
- Serve pork with Hoisin Sauce
- Turn Instant Pot on to saute. Add oil to pot.
- Cut meat into 3-4 big pieces. Sprinkle with salt. Brown meat on all sides. Turn pot off.
- Add water, liquid smoke, garlic and bacon.
- Press, “Manual,” or on some models, “Pressure Cook,” and set for 70 min. on high pressure with vent sealed. Allow pressure to release naturally. If pork is not tender, cook again for 10 more minutes.