Jicama tortilla shells are a great low carb option instead of corn or flour tortillas. They are crunchy, easy to make and taste great! You can serve them hot or cold!
- Peel jicama, use a knife to start the process, then peel with your hands.
- After peeling the jicama, slice the jicama in half so that it fits nicely on the mandoline. If you have a small jicama, you won’t need to cut it in half.
- Carefully cut the jicama with the blade set at the thinnest setting. Be careful and use the specially designed pusher so that you don’t cut your fingers.
- To heat the tortillas – In a nonstick skillet, spray a little olive oil using an olive oil sprayer. Heat pan to medium. Add jicama, sprinkle with homemade chipotle seasoning and “fry,” until lightly opaque and warm. Flip over and heat the other side. Fill and serve immediately.
- To serve the tortillas cold – Place slices in a plastic bag, store in the refrigerator and serve when ready.