I’m so in love with this salad! I designed this recipe as a single serving so it’s easier to count points. Just divide greens up into separate salad bowls or plates, then add the following ingredients to each one. This way you know exactly how many points your salad is. If you’re vegan, leave out the yogurt and chicken and use toasted walnuts.
To each individual bowl add:
- handful mache lettuce greens or any spring mix greens
- a few leaves endive
- a few leaves of radicchio, chopped
- handful of spinach
- roasted beets-depending if you like beets, I typically use 1 beet per person-see notes for how to roast
- 2 oz. roasted or grilled chicken breasts
- 1 T. dried cherries
- 1 T. candied walnuts (see recipe for walnuts in note section)
- olive oil spray ( I like to use my Olive Oil Mister)
- 1 T. roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 T. non-fat Greek yogurt (optional, for garnish)
- 2 T. Citrus Vinaigrette
- To each salad plate or bowl, add greens.
- Top each with sliced roasted beets and chicken.
- Sprinkle 1 T. of each: dried cherries, candied walnuts, and pumpkin seeds over greens and beets.
- Sprinkle 2 T. of the Citrus Vinaigrette over all.
- Top with 1 T. non-fat Greek yogurt if desired.
- Arrange a piece of dill or other herb in the yogurt for decor.
To roast beets:
To roast walnuts:
Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add 1 T. butter, 1 c. slightly chopped walnuts and 2 T. sugar. Saute for about 5 minutes until the butter has melted and the sugar has caramelized. Be sure and stir often so the walnuts do not burn. Spread on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and allow to dry. Store in an airtight container or plastic bag.