You will love this Summer Grilled Peach Salad! Luscious grilled peaches over a bed of arugula, spring mix and fresh basil leaves with chicken, dried cherries, and almonds; crowned with mild goat cheese crumbles. Savory peach perfection!
- 2 fresh peaches, halved and pit removed
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 8 c. spring mix
- 2 c. arugula
- 8 oz cooked/grilled chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 fresh basil leaves, rolled and finely chopped
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 T. dried cherries
- 4 T. sliced almonds
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 T. balsamic vinegar – use a good thick quality one! (I like to use an 18 year aged balsamic)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Cut the peaches into slices that will fit on the grill without falling through, or if grilling in halves, just cut in half, remove pit.
- Brush peaches with oil (both sides). Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side if using pieces, 4-5 minutes if using halves. Remove to a plate.
- To make 4 individual salads, on each plate place: 2 c. spring mix, 1/2 c. arugula, few tablespoons of red onions, 2 oz cooked chicken, 1/4 of the peaches, 2 finely chopped basil leaves, 1 T. dried cherries, 1 T. sliced almonds, 1 oz. goat cheese, sprinkle of salt and pepper and about 1 T. balsamic vinegar. Eat immediately or if serving later, reserve the balsamic vinegar and drizzle on before serving.