This healthy homemade basil pesto paste is super easy to make! It’s a great flavor enhancer for pasta, soups, stews, chicken, beef and more! Freeze it into cubes so you can add it anytime you need flavor!
- Wash basil and pat dry. Place in food processor.
- Add garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a small bowl, add olive oil and combine well. (Note: if you add oil to food processor and over process, your pesto will be bitter, so just stir it in.)
- Place in ice cube trays and freeze. Or store in refrigerator for a few days. Makes about 6 tablespoons.