Crispy potatoes with parmesan cheese, bacon, garlic and herbs make an easy no fuss side dish. Use the Instant Pot to cook the potatoes perfectly and finish up the dish using a nonstick skillet. Depending on your main dish, these Instant Pot potatoes will fit easily within your points/calories if you’re careful to limit your serving size.
- 1 1/2 lb. baby potatoes, (you can experiment with other types of potatoes and sizes, but you may need to adjust your Instant Pot time)
- 1 c. water
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 4 T. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 t. kosher salt or to taste
- 1 t. freshly ground pepper
- 1–2 T. fresh rosemary, basil, oregano -optional
- 2 T. bacon crumbles (I use the Costco brand – Kirkland Bacon Crumbles)
- Place rack in Instant Pot. (The rack that comes with your pot, it keeps the potatoes out of the water).
- Add potatoes and water.
- Set pressure to high (sealing) and time to 5 minutes. When finished, release pressure immediately.
- Allow potatoes to cool for a bit (just so you can handle them), then cut each potato in half.
- In a skillet, melt butter; add potatoes, rosemary, herbs, salt and pepper and sauté until crispy. Add garlic, bacon and cheese; heat until hot.