This quick and easy gourmet cranberry sauce recipe is done right in your Instant Pot. Made with port, rosemary, cinnamon and ginger, this cranberry sauce is one of the Thanksgiving essentials, you just can’t have turkey without it!
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh cranberries, rinsed and sorted
- 3/4 c. orange juice
- zest from one orange
- 3/4 c. port
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. fresh ginger grated (optional, use only if fresh)
- 1 t. fresh rosemary (optional, use only if fresh)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- To the Instant Pot combine: cranberries, orange juice, zest, port, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon stick.
- Press, “Sauté,” and heat just a few minutes until boiling. You want to boil off the alcohol on the port before you pressure cook it.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Put on the lid, set the vent to sealing (on the newer models you may not need to do this).
- Press manual/high pressure and set for 2-4 minutes. If you like your cranberry sauce, more sauce, then do 4, if you like to see whole berries, then do 2-3 minutes. When it’s finished, allow to natural release for about 10 minutes, then release pressure. Stir well and sauté again for just a few minutes. Allow to cool. Refrigerate or freeze. Serve cold or at room temperature. Can be refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
To make this on the stove: Put everything into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring often until cranberries pop. The reason I like doing it in the Instant Pot is that it frees up the stove for other things and also you don’t have to stir it. You throw it all in and your part is done.