This mango salsa is so fresh! Make sure you get a good ripe mango for best taste. It’s great over salad, with chips and my favorite is tucked away in a fish taco. Yum! I like to spice it up with an entire jalapeno but you may want to try it with 1/2 of one first.
Trying serving this Mango Salsa with my Chipotle Fish Tacos. A delicious combination!
- 1 ripe mango sometimes if I can't find one, I use frozen mango
- 1/2 cucumber peeled if desired diced
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
- 1/4 c. jicama cubed optional but adds a nice crunch
- 1/4 c. red onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 2 basil leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno finely diced
- 1/4 c. cilantro finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 min, an hour works best. Serve with tacos, as a salsa, as a dressing over greens. This salsa keeps 1-3 days in the refrigerator.