Roasted Indian Cauliflower Vegetable Medley is one of my rotating vegetable dishes I make every week to have on hand for snacking. It’s very versatile. It is a great filling side dish or snack made with roasted cauliflower, green peas and warm Indian spices. Also check out my Indian Chicken Cauliflower Wrap – a variation.
- 32 oz. cauliflower, chopped into small florets (1 big head or you can buy cauliflower florets)
- 1/2 jalapeño , finely chopped (optional)
- 1 potato, diced (about 7 oz)
- 1 c. frozen peas or fresh peas
- 3 T. sesame oil (but you can substitute olive, or vegetable oil)
- 1 T. ground turmeric
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 1 t. coriander
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 t. fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine oil, turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt, minced garlic, ginger, and cayenne. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, combine: cauliflower, jalapeno, potato, and peas. Add in oil mixture with spices and combine well so cauliflower is coated.
- Spoon mixture into a non stick 9 x 13 baking dish (or spray baking dish with oil). Bake for about 15 minutes, then stir. Bake for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Serve in bowls as a snack. Top with Tomatillo Green Salsa if desired.