Healthy Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers
Made with fresh ingredients and Casa M Spice Pecking Order, this easy stuffed mushroom recipe makes the perfect healthy appetizer for the holidays. Or you can eat a few of them for a main meal with a salad or use them as a unique side dish! Turn this recipe into a vegetarian stuffed mushroom recipe easily by omitting the bacon. Super easy! Chop, sauté, stuff and bake!
- 1 lb mushrooms choose the same size, use small for appetizers
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon Pecking Order Spice see notes for special coupon code
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons bacon crumbles
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 bunch leeks, for garnish if desired
Preheat oven to 400°
Clean and prepare the mushrooms. Wipe off the excess dirt with a damp paper towel. Then pop off the stems. Finely chop the stems for later and be sure and save them, they are part of the filling.
Chop onions and place in a nonstick skillet with the garlic and 1 tablespoon of butter. By using the nonstick skillet, you don't need to use too much butter but you still get all the flavor. Sauté until onions are brown and caramelized.
Add the wine to the caramelized onions and cook for a few minutes before stirring in the chopped stems. Cook for a few minutes.
Add in the Casa M Spice Co® Pecking Order spice, pepper, salt, fresh herbs and bacon.
Add in the light sour cream and the parmesan cheese. Heat for a few minutes until creamy and everything is mixed in well.
Stuff each mushroom with the filling. Use a tiny spoon for best results.
Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes. Top with extra parmesan and chopped leeks if desired.
Casa M Spice Co® is offering my readers a special discount until 1/5/22. Click on the Amazon link Pecking Order and put in this code: 10L59OS6