Delicious wraps you can make ahead. Great for traveling, lunch or even dinner!
- 10 large tortillas (see my homemade tortilla recipe)
- 6 oz. cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cabbage leaves ( I like Napa, you can also use spinach)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained very well
- 1 c. carrots, shredded
- 1/4-1/2 c. red onion (use more or less depending on what you like)
- 1/2-1 jalapeno
- 5 oz of blue cheese or sharp cheddar
Frank’s Red Hot Spread:
- 1 c. non fat Greek yogurt ( I like Fage)
- 2-3 T. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 T. light mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cabbage, beans,carrots, onions, and jalapeno. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and mayonnaise.
- Place a tortilla on a cutting board, spread about 1 T. the Frank’s Red Hot Spread over the entire tortilla.
- Place 1/2 c. filling near the bottom of tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/2 oz (about 1 T. of cheese) and roll up tortilla.
- Use a toothpick if necessary to fasten tortilla.
- Cut into 2 pieces if desired. Do this for the remaining tortillas.
If you are making these wraps ahead of time, it’s best to make your own tortillas (see my recipe) instead of the store bought ones. Wraps made with homemade tortillas will keep about 3 days. Otherwise the store bought tortillas (especially the low carb or whole wheat ones) break down and become soggy within a day.
You can also use lettuce in place of cabbage but only if you are planning to eat them right away. I find that the cabbage holds up a few days in the fridge where the lettuce and spinach would not.