My Thai Pork Pizza is a unique combination of my Homemade Hoisin Sauce, my Kalua Pork, fresh ginger, onions, garlic, cilantro and cabbage. These pizzas make up very quickly if you have the pizza dough in the freezer and the Kalua pork already made. You can also use cooked chicken in place of the pork. This recipe is for 4 but you could easily do it for more or less people. The secret ingredient in this recipe is the homemade hoisin sauce.
Why do I have two pizza dough recipes listed?
Originally when I created this Thai Pork Pizza I used my Whole Wheat Pizza dough recipe. While this is a good recipe, I recently have created my Homemade Thin Crust Pizza dough recipe using 00 Caputo flour which results in a much better crust. This crust can stretch super thin, so it’s a much bigger pizza and you can add more healthy toppings. While making the Thai pizza with the newer crust results in 13 WW Freestyle Smart Points vs the original 9 using the old crust, this pizza is much bigger and instead of eating the whole pizza, just eat a few pieces. You’ll love the new crust much better I think.
Thai Pork Pizza
- 4 pizza dough crusts thawed See my Homemade Thin Crust Pizza dough (preferred or my whole wheat pizza dough recipe)
- 4 oz of Kalua Pork cooked and shredded ( 1 oz per person)
- 4 T. Homemade Hoisin Sauce See recipe
- 2 c. mushrooms chopped and sauteed in skillet or roasted or fresh
- 1 c. carrot shredded
- 1/2 c. cabbage green or red, finely shredded
- 1/2 c. cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 c. green onion finely chopped
- 1/4 c. red onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella part skim 1 oz per person
- salt and pepper
- Thaw out pizza dough on counter early in day, at least 3 hours ahead of time.
- Bake pizza crusts for about 5 minutes, just until baked but not brown.
- Take out of oven.
- Spread 1 T. hoisin sauce over evenly over each crust.
- Divide up remaining ingredients among pizzas with cheese being the last ingredient.
- Bake again for about 5 minutes or until done.