You can easily make this for 1 or more people. They come together quickly if you have the pizza dough already in the freezer and the Kalua pork already done. You can use cooked chicken as well or even make it vegetarian. The secret ingredient in this recipe is the homemade hoisin sauce.
- 4 pizza dough crusts thawed (See whole wheat pizza dough recipe)(1 crust per person)
- 4 oz of Kalua Pork, cooked and shredded ( 1 oz per person)
- 4 T. Homemade Hoisin Sauce (See recipe)
- 2 c. mushrooms, chopped and sauteed in skillet or roasted or fresh
- 1 c. carrot, shredded
- 1/2 c. cabbage (green or red), finely shredded
- 1/2 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella part skim ( 1 oz per person)
- salt and pepper
- Thaw out pizza dough on counter early in day, at least 3 hours ahead of time.
- Preheat oven with pizza stone to highest setting 500°. If you don’t have a pizza stone, preheat to 450°.
- Roll out dough and place on a pizza stone or baking sheet with parchment.
- Bake pizza crusts for about 5 minutes, just until baked but not brown.
- Take out of oven.
- Spread 1 T. hoisin sauce over evenly over each crust.
- Divide up remaining ingredients among pizzas with cheese being the last ingredient.
- Bake again for about 5 minutes or until done.
These go super fast if you already have the dough in the freezer and you have leftover Kalua Pork).
You can also use cooked chicken breasts, in place of pork. This lowers the Smart Point count to 7 points per pizza.