Make up a batch of these Crustless Chipotle Egg Cups and always have breakfast ready in a jiffy! I routinely make a batch or two of these and flash freeze them on a cookie sheet, then transfer to ziplock bags in my freezer. When I need breakfast, I microwave one for 1 min 15 seconds. Packed with protein and goodness for only 1 point! One thing to note, use silicone muffin pans. They “pop” right out! Otherwise you spend too much time cleaning the metal tins even if you spray them heavily.
- 20 whole eggs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c. onion
- 6 oz ham
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 12 T. crumbled bacon (I like to use the Kirkland brand from Costco)
- 1 T. Chipotle Seasoning, or use whatever you like
- 4 oz reduced cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup shredded)
- non-stick cooking spray (on this one use Pam or I use the Kirkland brand – not the olive oil spray from mister-see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray silicone muffin cups (2 sets of 12) with cooking spray and place cups on a cookie sheet.
- In a food processor (or chop by hand), combine: garlic, onion, ham and jalapeño. Lightly pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, salt and pepper, chipotle seasoning and bacon. I like to use my Nutrimill Artiste Mixer.
- Scoop about 1/4 c. of egg mixture into each cup. Try a get a little of the “good stuff,” at the bottom of the bowl for each egg cup. Distribute the shredded cheese evenly over each cup.
- Bake 18-30 min until set. You don’t want them overdone. Every oven is different. If you use a convection oven, bake time is about 18 min, where as a regular oven may take up to 30 min. Take them out when they don’t, “jiggle,” when you gently shake the pan.
- Allow egg cups to sit 5 minutes before removing them to platter.
- Carefully remove each egg cup with two forks on either side, or sometimes I run a knife around each up before I pull them out. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- When cool, transfer to a cookie sheet and place in the freezer. Flash freeze for at least 10-20 min then put into vacuum sealed bags.
- When ready to eat, place egg cup on a plate and microwave for about 1 minute 15 seconds. Or if you have time reheat in toaster oven until warm.
This recipe was adapted from Skinnytaste Loaded Baked Omelet Muffins. I just love Gina’s recipes! Check her out! Usually I like to use olive oil from my Olive Oil Sprayer but in this case, non-stick cooking spray works much better. The egg mixture sticks when you use the olive oil sprayer.