Creamy, cheesy, chicken, ham and broccoli all brought together in this delicious and quick Instant Pot recipe. Serve over butternut squash spirals, zucchini noodles or pasta. Definitely a family pleaser! Only 7 Freestyle Smart Points per serving.
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 c. ham (ham steak-already cooked) cut in cubes
- 1 c. red onion, finely chopped (I chop the onions and garlic together in my food processor)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 t. oil
- oil spray – Misto sprayer
- 4 c. broccoli, chopped
- 1 T. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 T. sherry
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/4 c. chicken broth or water
- 4 oz of 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese
- 4 oz of swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 T. corn starch, if needed
- butternut squash noodles or zucchini noodles
- Press, “Sauté,” on your Instant Pot.
- Add 2 t. oil and then also spray a non-stick skillet with a bit of oil from your Misto sprayer.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally and spraying a bit more oil if needed.
- Add chicken and cook for about 1 minute. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add ham, rosemary, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, chicken broth, and cream cheese.
- Cover Instant Pot with lid, set to seal, push, “Manual,” and set for 3 minutes. Yes, really 3 minutes! It takes a while for the Instant Pot to heat up so by the time the 3 minutes is up, the chicken is cooked perfectly.
- When time is up, do the “quick” release and open pot.
- Stir in Swiss cheese and Parmesan. If it doesn’t melt all the way, push the, “Sauté,” button and stir until mostly melted. If you want it a bit thicker, place about 1/4 c. sauce mixture in a cup, add 1 T. cornstarch, stir well and put back into Instant pot. Cook until thicker. (Note: This sauce does thicken up after cooling.)
- Serve immediately over butternut squash noodles, zucchini noodles or pasta (add more points for pasta). (See note at bottom for noodle directions.)
Use a spiralizer to cut the butternut squash or zucchini noodles. To cook the butternut squash noodles: spray a non-stick skillet with oil, toss in noodles and sauté until tender. If using zucchini noodles, only sauté until barely tender, otherwise they become too mushy.