This healthy easy Oven Baked Cedar Plank Salmon with Cilantro Lime Yogurt Aioli comes together very quickly in 3 steps for an easy quick meal. You can bake it in the oven or put it on the grill. Soak the cedar planks for only 15 minutes in hot water. Season the salmon with my chipotle seasoning and bake! Serve with my Cilantro Lime Yogurt Aioli -super easy to mix together.
- 1 lb. fresh wild salmon -Copper, Sockeye, Alaskan, cut into 4 oz pieces
- 1–2 Cedar planks depending on size, (you can also bake the salmon on foil on a baking sheet but you won’t get the Cedar flavor)
- Homemade Chipotle Seasoning, or other seasoning of choice
- kosher salt
- fresh lime (1/2 for squeezing and 1/2 cut into thin slices)
- Fresh Cilantro Lime Yogurt Aioli -super easy to put together!
- Soak cedar planks for at least 15 minutes in hot water from the tap. See notes at bottom.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove bones from salmon. Cut salmon into 4 pieces about 4 oz each.
- Place salmon pieces on cedar planks, skin side down. Squeeze 1/2 lime over all the pieces.
- Place a lime slice on each piece. Sprinkle with Homemade Chipotle Seasoning and kosher salt.
- Spray olive oil with oil mister over top of salmon.
- Bake in preheated oven until flakey with a fork for about 8-10 minutes or until 140°. Use a thermometer for best results. I like to put a pan under the planks for any drips from the cedar planks.
- Remove from oven and serve with Fresh Cilantro Lime Yogurt Aioli and Cedar Plank Vegetables for a complete meal.
Soaking the cedar planks: For best flavor you should soak them at least 15 minutes in hot water before using. There seems to be a lot of debate about soaking time, some say up to 2 hours but I find 15-30 minutes is really all you need as long as you use hot water. For more info about soaking, read this fascinating post.