Delicious pork chops in a rich and creamy mushroom sauce. Serve over zucchini noodles or rice. The serving size for calculating smart points is 3 oz. pork per person plus about 3/4 c. sauce for 5 smart points. If you have people in your house who don’t like mushrooms, you can substitute diced potatoes but it does raise the smart points to 6 per serving.
- 18 oz boneless thin pork chops, fat trimmed
- 1 t. butter
- 1 t. oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 T. crumbled bacon ( I use the Kirkland one from Costco)
- 16 oz. mushrooms, sliced or 1 large russet potato,diced
- 1 c. red wine
- 1 c. water
- 1 T. Better than Bouillon Beef
- 1 T. paprika (Hungarian or sweet)
- 1/4 t. thyme
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 T. flour
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. light sour cream
- Trim the pork chops and season both sides with kosher salt and black pepper. If you have thicker pork chops, slice carefully to make thin chops about 1/4 inch thick.
- Turn the Instant Pot on to Saute and add oil and butter.
- When hot, add pork pieces and brown on both sides. You may have to do this in batches. Remove pork and transfer to a plate.
- Add onions, garlic and bacon. Saute until brown. You may need to spray a bit of oil in pot to keep onions from burning. Don’t worry if onions stick a bit, we’ll be deglazing in a bit.
- Add 1 T. flour and stir until a “roux,” is formed.
- Add a splash of the red wine to deglaze the pot. Scrape any bits of flour, onion, meat off the bottom of pot.
- Add remaining wine and water. Turn off Instant Pot. Add Better than Bouillon, paprika, thyme, 1 t. kosher salt.
- Add sliced mushrooms.
- Add browned pork.
- Place lid on pot, lock and close to the sealing position. Push, “Manual,” or on some models, “Pressure Cook,” on high pressure for 10 min.
- Allow to sit about 10 minutes after finished cooking, then release pressure.
- Remove about 1/2 c. liquid and add 1 T. cornstarch. Mix well with a whisk then add mixture back into pot.
- Push Saute button and allow mixture to thicken. Turn off Instant Pot. Stir in sour cream. Serve over zucchini noodles or rice.