Delicious crispy wrap with creamy, cheesy, bacon, avocado and chicken inside! And it’s healthy for you! What could be better? Except that it’s a bit hard to say, “Crispy Creamy Avocado Chicken Bacon Wrap!” But oh so delicious!
- 4 oz of cooked chicken breasts, chopped (Personally I like to use grilled chicken thighs which adds more points but whatever you have on hand is fine)
- 4 medium tortillas (3 points each or less) I like to use my homemade tortillas which I store in the freezer until needed
- 1 large ripe avocado (about 6 oz when scooped out)
- 1 c. tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño or to taste, chopped finely, optional
- 6 T. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 T. cream sherry
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 T. bacon crumbles (I use the Kirkland brand from Costco)
- lettuce, few pieces per wrap
- 4 T. shredded cheese such as sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack
- First make the guacamole. Cut the avocado in half and scoop it out into a small bowl. Mash slightly then add the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño, onions and sherry. Combine with a fork. Add in the bacon crumbles.
- Warm tortillas slightly in microwave for 20 seconds if needed- sometimes you have to soften them up a bit so you can roll the wraps more easily.
- On each wrap, arrange a few leaves of lettuce then spread 1/4 avocado mixture, then add 1 oz chicken, and 1 T. shredded cheese.
- Roll up each wrap and secure with a toothpick if desired.
- If you want them crispy, spray each wrap with a bit of oil from your Misto Sprayer and place on a cookie sheet and broil it for a minute or so until crispy or place in your air fryer and heat until crispy (mine is a Breville Smart Oven Air and takes about 3 minutes on 350°.
- Serve immediately. The guacamole turns brown if left out too long.
If you’re looking for just the guacamole recipe, click here!
If you want to make only 2 wraps, the best way to keep 1/2 avocado from turning brown in the refrigerator is to use a Food Saver and seal it up. It will stay green and fresh for a few days.