Garlic Scapes (or Garlic Spears) are a great treat in late spring and early summer. Try them grilled, air fried or roasted for a unique side dish.
- 1 bunch of garlic scapes (also called garlic spears)
- oil spray ( I like to use my Olive Oil Mister)
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- fresh lemon zest
Air Fryer Directions:
- Preheat air fryer to 400°.
- Wash and pat dry garlic scapes. Lay and space them out separately on an air fryer basket. You may have to do this in batches. Mine is a Breville Smart Oven Air so I can do mine all at once as the baskets are large.
- Spray with olive oil and season with Kosher salt.
- Air Fry 5-10 minutes until tips are brown but not burnt. In a traditional air fryer this may take more or less time so watch them carefully. In my Breville it takes about 8 minutes and I don’t have to turn them.
- Zest a bit of lemon over the garlic scapes and serve immediately.
- Preheat grill to 400°
- Wash garlic scapes and pat dry.
- Spray grill with oil. Lay scapes on grill, spray with oil and sprinkle with Kosher salt. Grill until tender and ends are brown, turn them as they start to brown. Zest with lemon and serve!
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place a piece of parchment paper down on a baking sheet.
- Arrange garlic scapes so they are separated.
- Spray with olive oil, season with Kosher salt.
- Bake until tender about 20-25 minutes until tips are crispy. Turn them 1/2 way through.
- Zest with lemon and serve!