This salsa is great by itself but is an excellent complement to my Pineapple Skillet Fajitas. Basically a pico de gallo with pineapple! My family likes things spicy so I add quite a bit of jalapeño. It balances nicely with the sweetness of the pineapple. Feel free to leave the jalapeños out if you’re not a fan of spicy food. It tastes great without the spice as well. I also like to serve the salsa in 1/2 of a hollowed out pineapple shell for a unique presentation.
- 1 c. fresh ripe pineapple chopped
- 1 c. tomatoes chopped
- 2-3 T. cilantro chopped
- 2 T. red onion chopped
- 1/2-1 jalapeño chopped (can omit if you do not like things spicy)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- pinch of kosher salt or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, peppers, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lime over salsa and serve immediately.