For a low point snack that keeps you full for hours, try these roasted veggies. Feel free to add your own spices for variety. I gave you amounts but usually I just toss whatever I have into my roasting pan, and when it looks full enough, I roast them.
- 2 pkg baby carrots, whole
- 1 large onion-cut into chunks ( I use red or sweet)
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves-whole (see note at bottom)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 c. green beans (fresh)
- 1 zucchini
- 8-16 oz mushrooms ( I love mushrooms, so I use a lot)
- 1-2 T. olive oil(depending on how many vegetables you use, try it first with one but add more if needed
- 1 T. chipotle seasoning or whatever seasoning you would like
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl (or do it often right in roasting pan) combine all the vegetables, olive oil and spices. Mix well.
- Place vegetable mixture in a large non-stick roasting pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir well.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes until carrots are tender when poked with a fork.
- To make things easier when I need a lot of garlic cloves, I buy it in bulk already peeled from Costco. It’s so easy to just toss in a handful of garlic cloves into the roasting pan. Don’t worry that it will be too garlicky. The garlic mellows when roasted.